What Do You Drive in Real Life?

Discussion in 'General Sim Racing Discussion' started by WilliamSRP, Jun 8, 2017.

1. WilliamSRP

WilliamSRP Pretends to Know What He's Talking About Staff Member

I was thinking of fun icebreaker questions to get to know the community better, and this popped into my mind. We all have all these cars available to our disposal thanks to Sim Racing, but what do you drive in real life? What car(s) do you drive on a regular basis?

I think, as you can tell by my photo, I drive a 2013 Volkswagen GTI Mk 6. It's a blast to drive, but also quite practical, which is great :) I test drove cars such as the Subaru BRZ, Mazda Miata, and Hyundai Genesis coupe, but I wanted to get something that could comfortably seat 4+, and also be able to carry stuff around!

So what do you drive IRL?

2. Datamancer

Datamancer Armchair Racer

I wish I could say I drive my RB20DET-powered S13 hatchback, buuuuut the transmission likes to snap clutches and the engine likes to throw alternator belts, so she's laid up for awhile until I can pay to have the trans rebuilt.

In the meantime, I hoon around in my 1.6L B13 Sentra, complete with a manual transmission that feels like it's made of sponges, an exhaust leak that makes its bark significantly louder than its bite, and the world's most poorly assembled distributor.

3. WilliamSRP

WilliamSRP Pretends to Know What He's Talking About Staff Member

I may have read your message in Jeremy Clarkson's voice ;)

Datamancer likes this.
  4. Datamancer

Datamancer Armchair Racer

My B13 is the shittiest car....in the world

5. clintusmaximus

clintusmaximus Armchair Racer

unfortunately I don't even drive a car :( I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler JK with 35's and an AEV 2.5 lift. Unfortunately if I attempted to drive that at any rally speed I would end up upside down lol