Timescale v Patience = ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by Stacy Newcomb, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Armchair Racer

Hi Guys,

This is a carry over from my introduction page.
    One of the reasons I'm here at all is due to a couple of YouTube videos of Will's.
    Specifically the Feel VR based Direct drive wheel under $400 ?? and How well will a 7Nm wheel perform ?,
    so here I am with an urge to return to Sim racing and no wheel.

Which brings on the debate in my tiny mind .... What do I spend my pennies on ?
    First my budget is shall we say around the £1000 area.

An example of what that buys is,
    Option 1.
    Go on fanatec's site and get a CSL elite setup including tax's and postage, a decent choice in most peoples eye's ?
    option 2.
    Go to Mr Thrustmaster and pick up the best he has, eg. The TS-XW, and add to that a decent brake mod.
    or
    Option 3 and 4. There are 2 affordable DD wheels about to appear on the market.
    First is the Feel VR kickstarter,? crowd funded,? built in a shed ? (not entirely sure what the score is) a DD wheel, which if turns out to be exactly what it says on the tin, will be $549 inc LC pedals + some postage.
    But its risky, new company, new product, both Ukraine and California miles away from me ??? Hmm, I want to, but should I ?.
    Second and far less risky if more expensive is,
    Sim-plicity and their new offering at 7Nm, published release date 2nd of April, delivery by May, now we all know they have been producing DD wheels for a while, have had great reviews, and they are in Europe, so no hidden extras, £450 + CSL LC pedals + Rim and depending on how extravagant I go rim wise £1000ish.

So not looking for advice as such, don't want anyone to blame if it all goes tit's up, just general thoughts.

Cheers

2. ///MPower

///MPower Armchair Racer

For example CSW V2.5 + BMW + CSP V3 with your budget. In the next update round you can add F1 + shifter and it's pretty complete for any type of car. If console support is required, then CSL or CSL PS4.

Option 4 might be interesting, but maybe it's safer to wait for reviews and stuff like that. I will be very surprised if option 3 really succeeds.

Also Fanatec is about to release a DD, so you could re-use almost everything from the option 1 in the future.

3. Stacy Newcomb

Thanks for the input.
    But the 3 items you like come to £1209 Before postage and Fanatec are not great with postge costs.
    I'm thinking that Sim-plicity 7Nm with a 2 year warranty is fairly safe bet,
    I'm in between csl elite and clubsport v3's budget wise, depends on my good or bad fortune on a rim.

4. ///MPower

///MPower Armchair Racer

Well, I estimated 1250 Eur including shipping for the set, shouldn't it be around 1100 GBP, or is something making the exchange rate worse in this case?

5. Stacy Newcomb

No you are correct, my brain had the pricing in GBP, when clearly the screen said Euro's.