Simraceway active but not?

Discussion in 'General Sim Racing Discussion' started by RotaryTurbo07, Nov 4, 2017.

1. RotaryTurbo07

RotaryTurbo07 Armchair Racer

I remember playing Simraceway quite a lot and purchasing several of the cars, even amid the controversy. I thought it was an interesting approach and enjoyed driving the large variety of cars and tracks as they were released. So, I was quite crushed when it seeming disappeared off the face of the planet without warning and I couldn't access all the stuff I'd bought anymore.

Fast forward to a few days ago, September 2, 2017. I restart my computer and I notice that Simraceway updater, which yes I still have installed for some reason along with the main software, doesn't give a can't find server message anymore and says "idle". As if it's updated and ready to launch. So I give it a shot, and sure enough I can log in. It also appears as if there's nobody else online and all cars are unlocked. Even ones I didn't buy when the servers were originally active. Anybody else notice this or know the story?

2. WilliamSRP

WilliamSRP Pretends to Know What He's Talking About Staff Member

I noticed that recently, and I'm going to take a look at it soon!

3. RotaryTurbo07

RotaryTurbo07 Armchair Racer

Just watched your video, great explanation of the history. I didn't worry about the drama much myself, I kind of liked the idea of getting the tracks and the 1 car for free and having no server/monthly cost. Just buying more cars. Plus, they did implement the "in game money" structure, so you could acquire cars without spending "real" cash. Plus, they did sales from time to time. I think after the adjustment in car pricing and during a sale I bought that Senna F1 for like $20 or something stupid. Most I've spent on a virtual car, heh. Very nice to have access to it all again, though.

Also, you mentioned Race Sim Central, that was some of my first experience with the sim community. I got involved a bit with the Racer free car simulator back in 06 or so and up until the community kind of died out. Ruud was mostly focused on his commercial simulator, so Racer took a back seat and a lot of the good content creators moved on to newer sims. More sim history, lol.

4. HecticHarry

HecticHarry Armchair Racer

did you manage to get in contact with Cossacco William? any news on if we are able to sign up soon to play the game?