Sim Racing Paddock Logo Competition - Enter Here!

Discussion in 'General Sim Racing Discussion' started by WilliamSRP, Mar 15, 2018.

1. WilliamSRP

WilliamSRP Pretends to Know What He's Talking About Staff Member

It’s time for an interesting competition! I want your guys’ help to help make the new Sim Racing Paddock logo!

I’ve experimented with a few designs over the past couple months (I originally had the plan to unveil a new logo celebrating SRP hitting 10,000 subscribers, but things got a bit in the way), but I thought, that it’d be fun to let the community in on it! After all, it’s the community that helped Sim Racing Paddock grow into what it is today! So, I’m doing this design competition to help bring the new logo to life!

For the designer whose logo I select as the new SRP logo, the prize will be two-fold. First off, I have a special collection of some of my favorite RaceRoom Racing Experience content, which will be given to the winner! It includes some of my favorite content from the sim:

R3E Content in the Competition
    Cars
    -Formula RaceRoom US
    -Formula RaceRoom X-17
    -Audi R18
    -BMW Z4 GT3
    -Corvette Daytona Prototype
    -Ford Mustang GT DTM
    -KTM X-Bow RR
    -Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
    -Ford Zakspeed Capri
    -BMW M4 DTM 2016
    -Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R

Tracks
    -Brands Hatch
    -Imola
    -Laguna Seca
    -Mid Ohio
    -Sonoma
    -Nurburgring/Nordschleife
    -Red Bull Ring
    -Sonoma Raceway
    -Spa
    -Suzuka

Secondly, to the winner of the competition, once I create some Sim Racing Paddock shirts, you will receive the first shirt for FREE! I know a lot of people have been asking me to create Sim Racing Paddock shirts, and I have some fun designs that should work well on a T-Shirt!

So now let’s get down to the nitty gritty, and explain how this competition is going to work. I am preferably looking for two designs. First is the primary logo, where you would have the logo as it would appear in the main instances, like the top of the website, the side of a car, and so on. Then, you would have the “Social Media” Icon. This would be the icon that would fit nicely in square containers, such as the Facebook page icon, Youtube icon, etc.

Ideally, the logo would be designed in Adobe Illustrator, but other programs, like Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, and so on are alright. PDF format for the logo is ideal, but AI or PSD is acceptable.

To submit your entry, I will have a thread in the Sim Racing Paddock forums open for submissions. You can submit an image showcasing your design in that thread. I will limit it to two entries per participant.

I’m looking forward to seeing what you have for your designs, but also here are a couple concepts I had put together, showcasing a bit of my personal taste. I tend to prefer some of the more minimalistic designs myself, but I’m open minded a bit.

Entries will be accepted until April 1st. I will then select the winner on April 2nd, which also happens to be a special day for me, my birthday! I will select the winning design, and notify the winner.

Thank you everyone who takes part, and I’m looking forward to seeing what comes from this.

James Petty (Jamie) likes this.
  2. FTR Racing

FTR Racing Armchair Racer

3. Toadline_Racing

Toadline_Racing Armchair Racer

heres one

Attached Files:

4. Christian Pasch

Christian Pasch Armchair Racer

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Stacy Newcomb likes this.
  5. JussAren

JussAren Armchair Racer

6. BrianFolchetti

BrianFolchetti Armchair Racer

Christian Pasch likes this.
  7. Rober Barion

Rober Barion Armchair Racer

Here's my Submission. I've provided it in Stacked, Horizontal and Abbreviated (square) options on White and Inverse.
    https://imgur.com/5076XDM

Attached Files:

8. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Armchair Racer

9. Christian Pasch

Christian Pasch Armchair Racer

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  10. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Armchair Racer

11. Francisco

Francisco Armchair Racer

12. joey sharpe

joey sharpe Armchair Racer

My entry.

1 a simracpad 2.png

13. Frederik Handberg

Frederik Handberg Armchair Racer

Hello my name is Frederik im 13 years old and started simracing scince summer 2017 were I built my own racing wheel now ive upgraded to a t300rs with t3pa pro pedals here are some pictures https://imgur.com/a/kWjOl. It took me a long time to learn photoshop and illustrator I knew from the start I had no chance to win if I was a starter to photoshop and illustrator but Im very happy with the result but at the end of the day Im the real winner because I learnt how to use illustrator and photoshop and went on to make my own logo. Here is my entery https://imgur.com/a/6yslB

14. James Petty (Jamie)

James Petty (Jamie) Armchair Racer

[​IMG]

Colors and all that can be changed. Click for a larger look my friends. Thank you all for your time.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  15. James Petty (Jamie)

James Petty (Jamie) Armchair Racer

One thing I need to do is make the "half circle" on the tach graphic a bit thicker. A little too much empty space. If chosen I will play with that and see about adding the tach to the full version as well. There are some really great logo's done here. Best of luck to all.

16. WilliamSRP

WilliamSRP Pretends to Know What He's Talking About Staff Member

Hey guys, I'd like to thank everyone for submitting their awesome designs! I selected Christian Pasch's first design, I thought it worked very well with the vision that I had for the site, and it was a pretty awesome design :)

Thank you everyone for participating, this was a lot of fun, to see some great creative minds at work :D

17. joey sharpe

joey sharpe Armchair Racer

And that vision i assume was seeing millions of people moan about the demise of the old F1 logo and then getting someone to basically copy it.....;)
    f1-logo_827x510_81511609021.jpg

18. ESEAone

ESEAone Armchair Racer

I know it is late for the competition. I had done these before the time and had not quite finalised them. Life got in the way, no further development happen and I forgot to post.
    SRP-on-dark.jpg SRP-on-Light.jpg