Gran Turismo Sport Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo' started by WilliamSRP, Jul 7, 2017.

1. WilliamSRP

WilliamSRP Pretends to Know What He's Talking About Staff Member

Hey guys! I wanted to open this thread to discuss the upcoming iteration in the Gran Turismo series, Gran Turismo Sport! I know some community members are also in the Beta for it, so maybe let us know your thoughts on it?

2. Chris Bushman

Chris Bushman Armchair Racer

GT Sport is certainly a departure from the previous installments in the series. There's a stronger focus on the online competitive portion of the experience rather than the car collecting/single-player modes that the older games had. It almost reminds me of Splatoon 2 in a way with the game's focus on multiplayer rankings and daily/weekly content rotation to keep player retention. I'm still getting a feel for the driving model myself, but for at least on my Logitech G29, the feedback has been minimal compared to DriveClub VR. I would also say DriveClub VR has a much more substantial VR experience compared to GT Sport's 1 vs 1 VR race against an offline AI opponent. I don't regret getting the game, but there some majors changes from the Gran Turismos of yesteryear.

3. Nirvash

Nirvash Armchair Racer

Yea think GT is trying new things in hope of making the next numbered GT game better, meaning GT7. For the most part I'm enjoying it. Sim racer will not so much but can use the wheel and still control the car and good times. Good online racing. True GT fans are respectful racers and it nice to have on a console. Forza people just hit you all the time. Game just came out so the online and FIA series stuff will take off and should be very interesting.